Saturday, July 9, 2011

how very meta

Today, as I was cleaning the mangers out, "The Splendid Table" came on the radio. I don't often listen to this show because I think it can be a little bit annoying and my co-worker thinks it's really annoying. But the host was going to interview Anthony Bourdain so I figured I'd hear what he had to say. Then, she had Gordon Edwards on to talk about being a punk turned cheese monger in San Francisco, and I am always interested in anyone who is a punk turned anything. So, I stayed tuned for that also. And he started talking about our farm! On the radio! While I was cleaning the barn! It was very exciting. You, too, can share in my fleeting self-referential-ness by listening here: http://splendidtable.publicradio.org/listings/110709/ (scroll down to the Gordon Edwards link if you don't want to hear the whole show, although they do talk about mint dressings and sausage).

1 comment:

  1. Sharing complete! I almost teared up when he referenced Jasper Hill and the Northeast Kingdom. Thanks for the link; I learn so much from your perspective.

    ReplyDelete