Wednesday, July 20, 2011

a better deal than a treasury bond!

My awesome farm property is really coming together. The pastures are getting fenced, the milk house plans were okayed by the carpenter and I even have a cow or two. But one of the biggest challenges for new farmers is obtaining lines of credit for capital expenses. Because you are a new farmer and because farming is inherently a risky endeavor (being dependent on weather and nature and all) banks and even the Farm Service Agency are reluctant to lend you money.

So I wanted to put it out into internet land that I'm accepting loans from the general public. They can be for any amount. I will repay all money lent to me in 3 years plus you get 10% of the value that you loan me each year in farm products. So, for example, if you lent me 100 dollars, you would get 10 dollars in farm products each year until I paid you back. Don't live in VT? I can send you goodies in the mail!

feel free to email me at ivy at smirx dot com to find out more about how you can earn my undying gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment